Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My First 5 Day (120 hrs) Dry Fast

Dry fast began on Wed. Feb 16th at 2 pm and will go till Mon. Feb 21st. 2 pm. Present Weight 174 lbs.

19 hrs. Hunger is such a psychological phenomenon. Here I am, my body asks for nothing yet I crave certain things. Smelling my coworker's food doesn't help. Urination is regular.
30 hrs. Still doing well even though got tempted by amazing fish tacos and fresh donuts. But my will power won this battle.
48 hrs. Still going strong. Energy level is normal. Thirst and hunger mostly psychological from all the great food we got at the store. So looking forward to Monday!
68 hrs. Woke up with dry mouth otherwise no changes. Feeling normal. Weight 167 lbs. My hands and feet are cold, but not unbearable. Love smelling food, fruits, veggies, drinks. My kids run up to to and let me smelll everything they eat. I feel like a drug addict...:)
72 hrs. I am finally feeling weaker and slightly dizzy. My temperature is low. Had to turn on the heater and put some warm clothes on. Trying to rest as much as possible but still move around for better toxins elimination. Pulse is a bit higher then normal. Just head my third bowel movement in 3 days.
74 hrs. Temperature back to normal. No more dizziness. Feel very calm and relaxed.
78 hrs. Food temptations are very strong. A little voice in my head keeps telling me how I've done enough and should just stop. But big voice reminds me of all those people that know that I'm doing 5 days and probably doubt that I will get through. Hence, I am sticking with it. After all I only have a day and a half left.
90 hrs. I have 30 hrs left to go. Got up on my own totally refreshed. Dreamed of eating beautiful deserts and drinking juices. In my dream I drunk a whole bottle of carrot juice right out of the bottle. Tasted awesome. Soon enough... Weighed myself. I'm down to 163.8. That's a loss of over 10 lbs. Hurray! If I could get down under 160 lbs tomorrow, I'll be very happy with my results.
96 hrs. No dizziness, no weakness, energy is good. Kids are driving me crazy! But I will not let it stop me from reaching my goal.
101 hrs. Feeling great. No more weakness and no more dizziness. Urine is clear, light yellow. About to drive my husband's aunt back to work. That's 90 mins of driving in a nice crispy air. The night is beautiful!
107 hrs. Having a hard time falling asleep. Too much energy and too excited about the finishing line.
113 hrs. I must've woken up three times. Cannot sleep any more. It is 7 am. I have seven hours left before the end. Time to weigh myself. 157.2 lbs. Which means I lost almost 17 lbs in 5 days! Now I will have to make sure that I maintain that till my next fast Had my last bowel movement before the end of fast. Not much, but better then nothing. So good to have suppositories handy.
114 hrs. My mouth is super dry. Still manage to generate saliva to swallow.
120 hrs. I am dome!!!! Broke my fast with a glass of Evian water which didn't taste all that good. I added some lemon juice and drank slowly for about 15 minutes, one sip at the time. Then, 15 mins later had a big glass of Naked Juice. Now taking a break for 2 hrs till my next meal - yogurt.

14 comments:

  1. would like to try it send some infom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, I'm starting my first 48 hour dry fast today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. How did it go, Carl? I am doing my first dry fast (soft) and was only planning to do 24 hrs but feeling fine, so on 31 hrs now, maybe ill just do 48 hrs as well :)

      Delete
    3. How did it go, Carl? I am doing my first dry fast (soft) and was only planning to do 24 hrs but feeling fine, so on 31 hrs now, maybe ill just do 48 hrs as well :)

      Delete
    4. How did it go, Carl? I am doing my first dry fast (soft) and was only planning to do 24 hrs but feeling fine, so on 31 hrs now, maybe ill just do 48 hrs as well :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, I always wanted to have a blog about fasting. I am started my dry fast at 1am today 3/16/16. I want to do 5 days dry then tefeed water 2days and go on another. I am trying to heal from a knee injury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright . This isnt my first time doinh dry fast ... im starting as of today another "dryfast" for personal reasons ..minimum 5 days ..

    ReplyDelete